APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2006-02 > 1139032892

From: Carolyn Ybarra <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Los Angeles phone directories - searching library catalogs
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 22:01:32 -0800

Thank you everyone for your ideas on advanced searches and the
cataloging category. I posted my note earlier today before I had read
all the advice; I get digest mode and had not seen all the useful

I just want to reiterate that the state abbreviation (Calif) was the
most important element to narrow down the search to include ALL the
city directories and telephone directories (and not TOO much irrelevant
stuff). If one leaves out the state abbreviation, all the directories
do NOT come up, so actually, how it is cataloged at the library is
quite important to searching, as a couple of you pointed out.

Thanks again!!

Carolyn

This thread: