APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2005-12 > 1136077466

From: Craig Kilby <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Virginia Superior Court Districts 1814-185x
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:04:26 -0500

on 12/31/05 2:24 PM, Barbara Vines Little, CG at
wrote:

> Booker should read Brooke and it was created between 1814 when Tyler was
> established and 1818 when Preston and Nicholas (which are not listed)
> were created.
>
> Barbara Vines Little, CG
> Dominion Research Services
> PO Box 1273
> Orange, VA 22960
>
> 540-832-3473 (7-10 p.m.; all day Sunday)

Thank you Barbara, now that you mention that it does read Brooke (with a
long tail on the "e"). This certainly dates the document, which did change
somewhat over time as evidenced by the attorney's crossing out some of the
dates when court was in session.

One thing I neglected to mention is that for the Fredericksburg and
Williamsburg Districts, the "original" judge was "NELSON". That is crossed
out and he interlined Browne (with an "e') in his place. (I am assuming
that, as this Browne is written between the two columns of counties in the
respective districts, the name Nelson is on the right hand margin as are the
rest of the judges.)

Craig

This thread: