APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2005-12 > 1134452436

Subject: Re: Black's Law Dictionary.
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 00:40:36 EST

In a message dated 12/13/2005 12:00:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> Anyone know what year Black's Law Dictionary edition 6
> was published? That's the edition everyone says is
> best, right?

Actually, it's the Fourth Edition that was the last to include all the
antiquarian goodies that are so useful in genealogy. It first appeared in 1951,
and was published for perhaps another ten years or so. I'm not sure when the
Fifth Edition superseded it.

Donn Devine, CG, CGI
Wilmington, Delaware, USA

CG, Certified Genealogist, CGI, and Certified Genealogical Instructor are
service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, used under
license by board certificants after periodic evaluation, and the board name is
registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office.

This thread: