APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2005-12 > 1133538523

From: "Dee Dee King, CG" <>
Subject: Re: transcribing names
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 15:48:43 +0000 (America/Los_Angeles)

I abstracted 11,805 marriage records for my 3 books on
Erath Co TX and have started on Brazoria and Galveston
Counties. A couple of people have somewhat harshly
told me there was no need to do any of these books as
they had "already been done" 10-20 years ago.

Yes, but when one is searching for last name Russell
that was transcribed as Rapell, along with more than
1,000 such errors in just one volume of just one
previously published book ...

I bet the appreciation for a more accurate record will
far outweigh those first few criticisms. Not that I
did not also make a few mistakes on the difficult
handwriting... very few, I hope. :-)

Dee Dee King, CG

Dee Dee King, CG
www.genealogyfinder.com
133 N Friendswood Dr Suite 325
Friendswood TX 77546

Member Association of Professional Genealogists.
Board for Certification of Genealogists used under
license after periodic evaluations by the Board.

This thread: