APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2005-10 > 1128636142

From: "Kate Lynn" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Lost military records
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:02:22 -0500

Carolyn,

Try this link:
www.index.va.gov/search/va/va_search.jsp. Once there choose, M21-1, MR,
Part III, Subpart ii, Chapter 6 . This will open in a word document. Skip
down to page 19: "Forms of Evidence for Verification of Service and
Character of Discharge."

This does not directly address the issue of a Veterans widow, however, it is
a starting point for finding an alternate form of proof of discharge. Hope
this is of some help.

Catherine Foote Lynn
Genealogist and Family Historian