APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2005-05 > 1115253825

From: "Sandy Clunies" <>
Subject: RE: Ancestry Marketing
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 20:43:45 -0400

This ad is running on WGMS-FM, classical station, in the metro Washington,
DC area several times a day.

And yes, it promises results within 5 minutes, and a complimentary copy of
FamilyTree Maker for calling Ancestry. Very exuberant female voice
suggesting one can easily find marriages, immigration, etc.

Of course, with the 1930 census and SSDI, nearly everyone who has family
living in the US for 75+ years could find a match with SOMEone in their
immediate family line.

MyFamily.com/Ancestry.com senior executives will be at NGS Nashville on 2
June, and I intend to inquire about this ad myself.

-- Sandy Clunies

Sandra MacLean Clunies, CG(sm)
President, National Capital Area Chapter, APG
Board of Directors, APG

www.cyndislist.com/planting/toc-clunies.htm
www.ancestordetective.com/speakers/clunies.htm

CG: service mark of the Board for Certification of Genealogists,used under
license by Board-certified associates meeting competency standards