ANTRIM-L Archives

Archiver > ANTRIM > 2006-10 > 1160093895

From: "les wright" <>
Subject: [ANTRIM] Blayney
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 10:18:15 +1000

I am researching my Blayney family from Magheralane near Randalstown, they were farmers.
Their main farm was called Pleasant Mount & the earliest Blayney there was a James Blayney bc 1760 married to Rosanna Blayney. Some of their children were James, Constantine, Hugh, Rose, Catherine.
James & Constantine stayed in the area, James living in the family home Pleasant Mount & Constantine living nearby.
Hugh became a wealthy merchant in Dublin & appeared to look after family members.
Constantine Blayney my ggggrandfather had a son Constantine, after living in Dublin under the guidance of his Uncle Hugh & marrying twice moved to Manhatten in New York where he had a variety store.
Anyone know anything of this family & where they might have originated from????
Any help or knowledge of this family greatly received.
Robyn

This thread: