AMES-L Archives

Archiver > AMES > 2000-01 > 0949370602

From: "Trisha Bridges" <>
Subject: Re: [AMES] Ames UK
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:03:22 -0800

Here is my Ames info. :-)
Trisha

Descendants of John D. Ames

Generation No. 1

1. JOHN D.1 AMES was born October 28, 1809 in New York, and died April 04,
1878 in Buffalo Creek, Carroll, Kentucky. He married (1) FIDELIA ANN WHITE
October 09, 1840, daughter of JOSEPH WHITE. She was born in New York, and
died 1844. He married (2) MARTHA DIARMIT October 21, 1844. She was born 1817
in Carrolton, Carroll, Kentucky.

More About JOHN D. AMES:

Census: 1860, Carrolton, Carroll, Kentucky

Marriage Certifiacate: October 09, 1840, Original Contract (very dark),
includes dowry

More About MARTHA DIARMIT:

Census: 1860

Child of JOHN AMES and FIDELIA WHITE is:

2. i. CHARLES PAGE2 AMES, b. January 13, 1842, Carrolton, Carroll, Kentucky;
d. July 24, 1900, Marion, Marion, Kansas`.

Children of JOHN AMES and MARTHA DIARMIT are:

ii. JAMES ASBURY2 AMES, b. 1847, Carrolton, Carroll, Kentucky; d. October
16, 1895, Carrolton, Carroll, Kentucky; m. MARY GYPSY LEACHMAN, April 04,
1871, Carrolton, Carroll, Kentucky.

More About JAMES ASBURY AMES:

Census: 1860

iii. SUSAN HELEN AMES, b. 1851, Carrolton, Carroll, Kentucky; m. LEWIS E.
MONTGOMERY, March 23, 1871.

More About SUSAN HELEN AMES:

Census: 1860

iv. POLLY ANN AMES, b. 1854, Kentucky.

More About POLLY ANN AMES:

Census: 1860

Generation No. 2

2. CHARLES PAGE2 AMES (JOHN D.1) was born January 13, 1842 in Carrolton,
Carroll, Kentucky, and died July 24, 1900 in Marion, Marion, Kansas`. He
married REBECCA ELLEN COLLYER April 17, 1867 in Carrolton, Carroll,
Kentucky, daughter of IRA COLLYER and MARTHA ROBERTS. She was born April 04,
1846 in Hamilton, Builer, Ohio, and died January 31, 1934 in Upland, San
Bernadino,California.

More About CHARLES PAGE AMES:

Census: 1900, Marion, Marion, Kansas

Marriage Certifiacate: April 17, 1867, Carroll, Kentucky

More About REBECCA ELLEN COLLYER:

Census: 1900, Marion, Marion, Kansas

Death certificate: January 31, 1934, Upland, San Bernadino, California

Marriage Certifiacate: April 17, 1867, Carroll, Kentucky

Children of CHARLES AMES and REBECCA COLLYER are:

i. MARTHA F.3 AMES, b. February 21, 1868, Carrolton, Carroll, Kentucky; d.
May 15, 1956, Ontario, Los Angeles, California; m. ELMER A. FETROW.

More About MARTHA F. AMES:

Census: 1880

ii. JOHN C. AMES, b. September 23, 1871, Carrolton, Carroll, Kentucky; d.
January 15, 1938, Upland, California.

More About JOHN C. AMES:

Census: 1900

3. iii. GEORGE THOMAS AMES, b. November 16, 1874, Carrolton, Carroll,
Kentucky; d. October 01, 1945, South Gate, Los Angeles, California.

iv. NELLIE A. AMES, b. March 19, 1878; d. November 22, 1892.

More About NELLIE A. AMES:

Census: 1880

v. MARGARET E. AMES, b. June 02, 1882.

vi. CHARLES I. AMES, b. July 22, 1885.

Generation No. 3

3. GEORGE THOMAS3 AMES (CHARLES PAGE2, JOHN D.1) was born November 16, 1874
in Carrolton, Carroll, Kentucky, and died October 01, 1945 in South Gate,
Los Angeles, California. He married BLANCHE OLIVE SHIELDS March 10, 1897 in
Marion, Marion, Kansas, daughter of JOHN SHIELDS and HANNA BUTLER. She was
born July 15, 1875 in Hoisington, Barton, Kansas, and died April 03, 1961 in
Riverside, Riverside, California.

More About GEORGE THOMAS AMES:

Birth Certificate: November 16, 1874, Carrolton, Carroll, Kentucky

Census: 1900, Marion, Marion, Kansas

Death certificate: October 01, 1945, South Gate, Los Angeles, California

Family Bible Records: Lists marriages, births, deaths

Obituary: 1945

Social Security Number: 555-09-5194

More About BLANCHE OLIVE SHIELDS:

Census: 1900, Marion, Marion, Kansas

Death certificate: April 03, 1961, Riverside, Riverside, California

Obituary: 1961

Children of GEORGE AMES and BLANCHE SHIELDS are:

4. i. GEORGE PAUL4 AMES, b. June 05, 1898, Marion, Marion, Kansas`; d.
October 05, 1978, Fontana, San Bernadino, California.

ii. RUTH MARIE AMES, b. February 09, 1900, Marion, Marion, Kansas`; d. June
26, 1982, Torrance, Los Angeles, California; m. JOHN EDWARD SOMMER, November
03, 1920, Riverside, Riverside, California.

More About RUTH MARIE AMES:

Census: 1900

Generation No. 4

4. GEORGE PAUL4 AMES (GEORGE THOMAS3, CHARLES PAGE2, JOHN D.1) was born June
05, 1898 in Marion, Marion, Kansas`, and died October 05, 1978 in Fontana,
San Bernadino, California. He married EVELYN BEATICE GERRY April 05, 1920 in
Riverside, Riverside, California, daughter of WOODMAN GERRY and LENA HARLOW.
She was born June 10, 1900 in Easton, Aroostook, Maine, and died September
20, 1974 in Riverside, Riverside, California.

More About GEORGE PAUL AMES:

Birth Certificate: June 05, 1898, Marion, Marion, Kansas

Census: 1900, Marion, Marion, Kansas

Death certificate: October 05, 1978, Fontana, San Bernadino, California

Discharge Papers: December 01, 1938, National Guard, Fresno California

Marriage Certifiacate: April 05, 1920, Riverside, Riverside, California

Military service: WWII Records

Obituary: 1978

Social Security Number: 554-09-1691

More About EVELYN BEATICE GERRY:

Birth Certificate: June 10, 1900, Easton, Aroostook, Maine

Census: 1910, Riverside, Riverside, California

Death certificate: September 20, 1974, Riverside, Riverside, California

Marriage Certifiacate: April 05, 1920, Riverside, Riverside, California

Obituary: 1974

Social Security Number: 547-12-7604

Children of GEORGE AMES and EVELYN GERRY are:

i. RUTH EVELYN5 AMES, b. February 07, 1922, Fullerton, Orange, California;
m. LAURENCE COLLINS JOHNSTON, November 01, 1941, Las Vegas, Clarke, Nevada.

5. ii. MARGARET IVA AMES, b. September 01, 1924, Fullerton, Orange,
California; d. July 26, 1994, Woodland, Yolo, California.

Generation No. 5

5. MARGARET IVA5 AMES (GEORGE PAUL4, GEORGE THOMAS3, CHARLES PAGE2, JOHN
D.1) was born September 01, 1924 in Fullerton, Orange, California, and died
July 26, 1994 in Woodland, Yolo, California. She married SIDNEY JOSEPH
BRIDGES February 25, 1945 in San Diego, San Diego, California, son of ORLA
BRIDGES and DOROTHY SLYGH. He was born October 26, 1923 in Riverside,
Riverside, California, and died February 25, 1993 in Woodland, Yolo,
California.

More About MARGARET IVA AMES:

Birth Certificate: September 01, 1924, Fullerton, Orange, California

Death certificate: July 26, 1994, Woodland, Yolo, California

Marriage Certifiacate: February 25, 1945, San Diego, San Diego, California

Social Security Number: 562-22-2575

More About SIDNEY JOSEPH BRIDGES:

Birth Certificate: October 26, 1923, Riverside, Riverside, California

Death certificate: February 25, 1993, Woodland, Yolo, California

Marriage Certifiacate: February 15, 1945, San Diego, San Diego, California

Social Security Number: 572-20-3885

Children of MARGARET AMES and SIDNEY BRIDGES are:

6. i. SAM EDWARD BRIDGES, b. August 24, 1946, Riverside, Riverside,
California.

7. ii. MARGARET LOUISE BRIDGES, b. July 16, 1947, Riverside, Riverside,
California.

8. iii. SIDNEY GERRY BRIDGES, b. July 16, 1947, Riverside, Riverside,
California.

Trisha Bridges - Vice-President
Teens4Jesus Online Youth Group
http://www.teens4jesus.org