AMERICAN-REVOLUTION-L Archives

Archiver > AMERICAN-REVOLUTION > 2003-07 > 1059619936

From: "Mountain Curmudgeon" <>
Subject: Re: [A-REV] Militia clothing
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:54:57 -0400

Hi Lila

Yes I agree with you but it appears that militia on active duty had some
similarity of dress. Anyone have another idea? Ed? John? Rhonda? Off
the top of my head I remember Cresap's Riflemen being described in 1775 by
someone in Lancaster County, PA en route to Cambridge as "dressed in white
frocks, or rifle shirts, and round hats." A lot like the graphic at the
URL Ed sent me in an earlier post.

David Armstrong
Elkins,WV