AMERICAN-REVOLUTION-L Archives

Archiver > AMERICAN-REVOLUTION > 2003-07 > 1059442821

From: "Mountain Curmudgeon" <>
Subject: [A-REV] Pricketts Fort
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:42:38 -0400

I have been doing something of a microscopic study of the available information about Revolutionary-era forts in West Virginia.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some information?

(A). I would like to know more about the 1976 rebuilding of Prickett's Fort near Fairmont, WV. I wonder about such things as
1. Is it on the original site?
2. Did they have any primary documentation or description upon which to base the rebuilding ?
3. Is there a floor plan on the Internet?

I would also like to learn more about Arbuckle's Fort.
. Is there a floor plan of the fort on the Internet?

If anyone can point me to something or tell me anything I would be grateful.

David Armstrong

This thread: