AMERICAN-REVOLUTION-L Archives

Archiver > AMERICAN-REVOLUTION > 2003-07 > 1058314485

From: "TreeMother" <>
Subject: Re: [AMER-REV] Daniel Boone
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:20:11 -0500
References: <1d7.d851a68.2c44cc6f@aol.com> <001101c34ad0$a92568c0$8b00a8c0@VAIO>

I wrote the following to Governor and cronies. They won't read it and, if
they do, they don't care about we think. If they did they would never have
done such an Obscene Act.

Dear Governor:

This action of renaming the Daniel Boone Parkway for a "living" nobody is
Obscene.
Shame on all the parties concerned in this action!

I don't know what this Hal person has done to warrant renaming a highway and
offending historians and genealogists who do so much to preserver our
American history.

Does he know where the bodies are hidden, or is it a matter of MONEY?

Did he make a Washington pork barrel deal for Kentucky and this is his very
public "thank you note"?

In the meantime, my ancestors and allied families who settled in Kentucky
are turning over in their graves. There is an historical marker for one of
my families in Kentucky. I won't reveal their name for fear that the marker
will be ruthlessly yanked up and replaced by a sign saying "No Parking".

The signatory of this message is not going to ask you to please reverse this
action because like a Texas Shrub, (1) it is stubborn and thorny; and (2) is
a decision which offends all and temporarily benefits A nobody.

Where in the Hal is this nation heading without respect for our brave
forefathers and true heroes?

Tree Mother

From: "lguzman" <>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 7:57 AM
Subject: Re: [AMER-REV] Daniel Boone

> Ditto.
> I was born and raised in the Bluegrass and still have relatives living
> there.
> The last time I was in KY, which was May, I caught up on politics there.
> Apparently the present governor is "crookeder than a barrel of fishhooks,"
> as we say. Something about funneling money to his honey illegally.
> I'm going to write a letter too, but wanted everyone on this list to know
> the potential reason for the renaming--the governor has no scruples and
has
> become something of a joke up there.
> Lila
> > Kenton. They fought with George Rogers Clark, fought the Indians, the
> British and
> > the French and now they get a kick in the pants. Anyhow, I've sent this
> on
> > to other groups I belong to and I did write to the Governor, the
> Congressman
> > and the Secretary of the Transpotation Dept.
> > My Kentucky ancestors left there in 1836 but it angers me re Daniel
Boone.
> I
> > hope I did some good.
> > Annie
> > Los Angeles
> > > X-Message: #6
> > > Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:20:20 -0400
> > > From: "Patrisha Goodwin" <>
> > > To:
> > > Message-ID: <>
> > > Subject: [AMER-REV] Renaming of Daniel Boone Parkway
> > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"; format="flowed"
> > > MIME-Version: 1.0
> > > Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
> > > X-MIME-Autoconverted: from 8bit to quoted-printable by
> lists5.rootsweb.com
> > > id h6EI02Ne026115
> > > Renaming of Daniel Boone Parkway
> > > This is from one of my other lists and I=92m passing this=20
> > > on. I=92ve added additional information and email addresses=20
> > > for various individuals, I=92m outraged. I hope this is OK=20
> > > to post to the list. It just makes me wonder who of our=20
> > > hero's will be next!
> > > Patti
> > > Colonel Daniel Boone gave much to this nation.=20
> > > His sons James and Isreal, killed by Indians while trying=20
> > > to explore and establish settlements in KY.=20
> > > Brother Edward Boone, killed by Indians.
> > > Brother-in-law=92s John Stewart, William Bryan Sr. and=20
> > > nephew William Bryan Jr. also killed by Indians.=20
> > > 1797 Governor of Spanish Missouri invites Boone=92s to=20
> > > emigrate.
> > > 1806 Appears before the Federal Land Commission, seeking=20
> > > confirmation of his Spanish land grant.=20
> > > 1809 Gets word of rejection of his Spanish land grant;=20
> > > works on petitions to Congress.
> > > His beloved Rebecca passed on and when his time came he=20
> > > was laid to rest next to her where they were to be,=20
> > > forever.=20
> > > 1845 A delegation from Kentucky disinters the Boone graves=20
> > > and reburies remains in Frankfort, Kentucky. Is this what=20
> > > is called grave robbing?=20
> > > The Adventures of Colonel Daniel Boon by Daniel Boon
> > > http://earlyamerica.com/lives/boone/index.html
> > > Read about the roadway change and there is an area to=20
> > > leave comments. Please do:
> > > http://www.kentuckyroads.com/daniel_boone_parkway/
> > > James C. Codell III was appointed Secretary of=20
> > > Transportation for the Commonwealth of Kentucky by=20
> > > Governor Paul Patton on Oct. 1, 1996. ...
> > > James C. Codell, III
> > > Ph. (502) 564-2611=20
> > > Fax: (502) 564-2517=20
> > > Hello:
> > > The State of Kentucky renamed the Daniel Boone Parkway for=20
> > > a current politician. I had not heard about this=20
> > > beforehand.=20
> > > Just thought other Boone descendants should know about it.
> > > Regards,
> > > Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:53:02 -0500
> > > From: "lguzman" <>
> > > To:
> > > Message-ID: <005801c34a20$01f9c1a0$>
> > > Subject: Re: [AMER-REV] Joining SAR or DAR on Private Citizen
> > > Content-Type: text/plain;
> > > charset="iso-8859-1"
> > > MIME-Version: 1.0
> > > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> > ==== AMERICAN-REVOLUTION Mailing List ====
> > List Administrator: Susan L. Willig
> ==== AMERICAN-REVOLUTION Mailing List ====
> "My folks didn't come over on the Mayflower.
> They were here to meet the boat." - Will Rogers