AMERICAN-REVOLUTION-L Archives

Archiver > AMERICAN-REVOLUTION > 2003-07 > 1058314485

From: "TreeMother" <>
Subject: Re: [AMER-REV] Daniel Boone
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:20:11 -0500

I wrote the following to Governor and cronies. They won't read it and, if
they do, they don't care about we think. If they did they would never have
done such an Obscene Act.

Dear Governor:

This action of renaming the Daniel Boone Parkway for a "living" nobody is
Obscene.
Shame on all the parties concerned in this action!

I don't know what this Hal person has done to warrant renaming a highway and
offending historians and genealogists who do so much to preserver our
American history.

Does he know where the bodies are hidden, or is it a matter of MONEY?

Did he make a Washington pork barrel deal for Kentucky and this is his very
public "thank you note"?

In the meantime, my ancestors and allied families who settled in Kentucky
are turning over in their graves. There is an historical marker for one of
my families in Kentucky. I won't reveal their name for fear that the marker
will be ruthlessly yanked up and replaced by a sign saying "No Parking".

The signatory of this message is not going to ask you to please reverse this
action because like a Texas Shrub, (1) it is stubborn and thorny; and (2) is
a decision which offends all and temporarily benefits A nobody.

Where in the Hal is this nation heading without respect for our brave
forefathers and true heroes?

Tree Mother