AMERICAN-REVOLUTION-L Archives

Archiver > AMERICAN-REVOLUTION > 2003-07 > 1058038045

From: "Norb Bankert" <>
Subject: Re: [AMER-REV] Joining SAR or DAR on Private Citizen
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:27:47 -0400

One thing to keep in mind is that not all people who served or supported the
Revolution are listed in the DAR/SAR. A patriot does not make the DAR list
until someone joins using that patriot. I am currently working on my 3'rd
DAR (for my daughters) using men who are not found in the DAR patriot list.
I have eight known ancestors who served and two had pensions. Of the eight,
only one was listed in the DAR prior to my daughters applications.
So if you don't find an ancestor listed in the DAR/SAR don't be discouraged.
87% of my patriot ancestors were not listed until I added them.

Norb Bankert
Family and Genealogy pages at www.bankert.org

This thread: