AMERICAN-REVOLUTION-L Archives

Archiver > AMERICAN-REVOLUTION > 2003-07 > 1057532361

From: "SHARON KING" <>
Subject: [AMER-REV] William Hebb
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 18:59:22 -0400

Does anyone have any information on a Private William Hebb. He was born in England 7/28/1757 and come to America to fight for the British. By 1777, he deserted the British and joined Col. William Washington's 3rd Regiment Light Dragoons of the Virginia Continental Army.

There is a DAR, pension and land grant record for his service with the Continental Army. I would like to know about his time with the British army. Why did he fight for the British? Was he in debt? Also, who were his parents and the county they resided. What family did he leave behind?

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could find this information from the British records?

Thank you, Sherry

This thread: