ALPERRY-L Archives

Archiver > ALPERRY > 2004-07 > 1091215277

Subject: Re: [ALPERRY] Smith Family of Perry / Hale County
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:21:17 EDT

Larry
My Smith Line is from Perry Co. around that time. My Line Starts with
Bryant Smith. I can find him on the 1830 census 1850 census and the 1860 census.
The 1860 census list 5 children
1. Marry age 19
2. Thomas age 17
3. Matilda age 14
4. Rebecca age 11
5. Adeline age 7
No wife is listed on this census and all previous census only list by name
the head of house. There is some debate as to his wife's name. There is a
cemetery in Perry Co. that is named The Smith Cemetery (Formerly named Campbellite
Church) the church is now extinct. The cemetery is kept in very fine condition
and has been used for the Smith family as late as the 1960s maybe even later.
I and quite a few more people have a lot of information on this line if you
think it is connected to your Smith line.
Jim Jones

This thread: