ALMARION-L Archives

Archiver > ALMARION > 2008-05 > 1211301070

From: Beulah Reid <>
Subject: Re: [ALMARION] Old Time Storys
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:31:10 -0700 (PDT)

Erskine,

Have you or someone in your family done research on thr Nix family? Some say that the maiden name of Lucienda, the first wife of John Mitchell (1825-1913),was Nix. Hoping to find someone whi can give some info.on this.

Beulah Reid

Erskine Nix <> wrote:
Joel,

Now is not the time to quit!

You are not the only old timer around.

I have many fond memories of Hamilton, you and I were brought up in a time,

When you could walk down Factory (Baby) Street and speak to everyone we met.

Now day's folks will look the other way rather than speak.

Do you recall when they paved Highway 78 from Birmingham to Memphis?

How I hated it, it was tough on a bare foot kid 7 or 8 years old. That black asphalt sure did get hot

I recall you talking about the Ford's it was fun to go to the old water mill and watch them grind corn or just sit and watch the old water wheel turn.

I'm rambling.

Keep writing.

Erskine