ALMARION-L Archives

Archiver > ALMARION > 2008-05 > 1210852348

Subject: Re: [ALMARION] ALMARION Digest, Vol 3, Issue 53
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:52:28 +0000

The really sad thing is many men were Confederate AND Union soldiers. My gg grandfather Wm A Goad was impressed into the CSA, deserted and joined the Union. So he has a war record for both CSA and Union.

Give it up, and let it go away. It was THEIR life, not ours. We should honor them, no matter what choices they made. Honoring them isn't at all about us.
-------------- Original message from Glenda Todd <>: --------------