ALLEN-L Archives

Archiver > ALLEN > 2002-04 > 1018127141

From: Fred & Faye Allen <> (by way of Mo! Langdon)
Subject: [ALLEN] ALLEN, Bennett W., SC-LA, early 1800's
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 13:05:41 -0800

We have been searching for years (in vain) for the ancestors and, or
siblings of Bennett W. (possibly Wilson or Webster) ALLEN. We find
him in the 1850 census of Jackson Parish, listed as head of house, 30
years old b. SC, with spouse Frances (unk.) age 23, b. LA, 2 sons, W.
J. age 3, and James age 2. both b. LA. Then we find Frances in 1870
census of Ouachita Parish, age 43, listed with Richard ALLEN age 53,
b. LA, with James age 21, Andrew age 16, Richard age 8, and John age
6. We also found land transactions of Bennett W. Allen "of" Jackson
Parish, and later "of" Ouachita Parish, first in 1850, several in
1852,1859, and 1860.

James M. ALLEN is found in 1880 census age 31, b. LA (father b. SC)
with spouse Mary J. 2 daughters, Minnie E. age 5 and Emily age 2.
Also listed nearby an Andrew ALLEN, age 26, b. LA (father b. SC) with
Richard, age 18, brother.

What happened to Bennett? Who is Richard? What is Frances' maiden name?

I am a descendant of the eldest son William Jefferson, (W.J.)
Allen, b. 1847, m. Louisiana Parasade Cook supposedly in Claiborn
Parish. There are land transaction attributed to WJ ALLEN in Homer,
Claiborn Parish. He and Louisiana Parasade went to Texas, and are
found with their family on the Collin Co. Texas census in the early
1900's.

Please forgive the length of this, but if anyone has any innformation
it would be a major break through for us, and we will be more than
glad to share what information we have.

Fred and Faye Camp-ALLEN

This thread: