ALLEN-NE-L ArchivesArchiver > ALLEN-NE > 1997-05 > 0862683969
From: Corinne E Bacchiocchi< >
Subject: Maine Allen Manuscript (1)
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 10:26:09 PST
Note: Some of this working manuscript is illegible, I will indicate when
something I cannot decipher. Part of the problem, besides crossouts,
is that there is bleedthrough from the backside of the pages.
The Allen Family in Maine by Rev. Chas. Sinnett (cannot read his location)
(1) The ancestor, John Allen was at Kittery Me., at a very early date.
He is mentioned
in the court records in 1655.
(2) Robert Allen (Probably the son of the above John Allen) had a grant
of land at
Kittery, Me., in 1671. He lived a little below Sturgeon Creak. Married
White, the daughter of John White. In 1701 his son Francis Allen
on his estate. The children of Robert Allen of the 3d generation:
(3) Robert Allen. He probably married in 1700 Mrs. Sarah
Lary, the daughter of George Lydaton, and the widow of John Lary.
(3) Francis Allen m. Hannah Jenkins. See records at the bottom
of this page.
(3) Anna Allen, m. Sept 10 1702 Nathaniel Fernald
(3) Elizabeth Allen, m. Sept 23, 1700 John Cole
(3) Mary Allen, perhaps married about 1690 Timothy Robinson of
(3) Francis Allen. Will dated 1744--1749.
deed at Alfred, Maine, shows that he married Hannah Jenkins, the daughter
Jabes Jenkins & Hannah Curtis.
The children of the 4th generation:
(4) Francis Allen b Apr 4, 1697, d. before 1759. M Mary
records of his family, page 3
This is the end of the first page of the manuscript- CDB