ALCHAMBE-L Archives

Archiver > ALCHAMBE > 2003-04 > 1049541540

From: "Debra Crosby" <>
Subject: Re: [ALCHAMBE-L] Photos on Chambers ALGenWeb
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 12:19:00 +0100

Sandel I am so sorry to hear of all the troubles you're having at this time.
I do hope your mother will improve and things settle down for you there.
I know how you feel about the neighbor having a heart attack as I had the
same thing happen to me when I was 16 as I watched a neighbor have a
heart attack in the street. Luckily though I called emergency and he did survive
but as you said, it's so disgusting how some people act about such things.
I vividly remember a few kids laughing about the man drooling and even one
adult lady was carrying on about him "wetting" his pants and kept insisting he was
just "drunk". People can be so cruel and thoughtless.
Kids have never understood about "mortality" and now adays as you said
there is no respect there either, it's such a shame.
Something like that can really leave you an emotional wreck for a bit so please
take care of yourself!! Hope all will get better for you and your mom!!

Debra
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 4:23 AM

Hi Debra,
Thanks. Hope your feeling better.
My neighbor had a heart attack in his drive way on the 2nd. I'd just gotten
home.
It was his 87 birthday. he had had open heart surgery. We'd known them for a
long time.
Anyway, it's terrible. Kids we're walking home from school making fun of him
dying while the parametics we're working on him.
I don't know what is wrong with kids these days just no respect is taught.
My mom isn't doing great, and we've had heated discussions to the point I'm
having to have her doctor step in. Just been an upsetting weekend.
Take care, keep up the good work
Sandel

Seattle