ALBIBB-CHAT-L Archives

Archiver > ALBIBB-CHAT > 2002-01 > 1012147457

From: "Caroline" <>
Subject: Re: [ALBIBB-CHAT] Cemeteries
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:04:17 -0600

Hi, been to Scottsville Cem. several times - know it well. It's listed in the Bibb Cemeteries Book but says "church extinct". In the book by the U of A, Dept of Geography, on cemeteries: "A Baptist church that formerly used the location and cemetery of Union Church in Scottsville, now disbanded; 27 graves; first known interment: ANNIE DENNIS (1804-1805). SMITH, VERNON & WATTS common to this cemetery. Location is T24N, R6W, Sec. 29. According to the map in the book it is directly across the road from the Scottsville cemetery. John Brown and I were there last summer and we "think" it might be down the road from the church bldg across the road from Scottsville Cem. There is an orange gate across the road behind the church and we didn't venture further on foot.
Remember the mail we sent back and forth some time ago about Andrew D. Smith and other of his relatives being shown in both cemeteries? Perhaps someone on the list knows about the Siloam Cem. I remember that Herman and Jimmy were also going to think about where it is. How would one find out who now owns the land - anyone know?