ALBERTA-L Archives

Archiver > ALBERTA > 2007-01 > 1168795915

From: Elizabeth Conn-Blowers <>
Subject: Re: [ALBERTA] Shining Bank
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 10:31:55 -0700

Hello June:
Sorry, I can give you no information of the Waite family, as they were gone
by the time I reached Shining Bank at the age of 6 in 1942.
Shining Bank was never a town, or even a village. There was no store and
when I lived there the mail was brought in from Peers once a week. There
was a school and my mother was the teacher there until it was consolidated
at Fulham, which you also will find on no map.
Shining Bank is scenic, in the foothills. The shining bank is a sandstone
slide several miles from the old school and Shining Bank Lake, which for
some reason is often written as Shiningbank Lake. If you look at the
Yellowhead county website, I think you will find a picture of the campground
on the south side of the lake. Shining Bank was on the north side.