ALBERTA-L Archives

Archiver > ALBERTA > 2007-01 > 1168743011

From: "June Harvey" <>
Subject: [ALBERTA] Shining Bank
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 18:50:11 -0800

Hello Listers:

I am new to the Alberta list and have a couple of questions:

First, by way of explanation: I am working on a branch of a family
tree, as follows: WAITE., Albert and Elizabeth. Moved to Alberta in
1913 and at the time of their daughter's birth in 1916 they lived at
Shining Bank. I understand that this is near Edson but cannot find it
on any map. I cannot find it by Googling either.

Has the town been abandoned; has it been merged into a larger city;
has the name been changed?

I would like to place the location of the family farm, but only have a
legal description. Can anyone help out?

June

This thread: