ADAMS-L Archives

Archiver > ADAMS > 2008-02 > 1202522476

Subject: Re: [ADAMS] Looking for Parents of Richard Adams 1826 or 1828 PA
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 21:01:16 -0500

My Adams ancestors were from Lancaster County, PA also.? They were there much earlier though, Nicholas and Juliana Adams came from the German Palatinate in 1727 on the ship William and Sarah.? Their son John Adams, born 29 Sept. 1729, married Eve Schmidt/Smith?8 April 1751?Lancaster County, PA.? Their son John Adams, born 29 Jan. 1752 Lancaster County, PA.? They migrated to Rowan County, NC in May 1755.

Your Richard Adams may have been German also, the Adams surname was sometimes spelled "Adam", that's the German spelling for Adams.? I think that I found your Richard Adams with Anna and Elmina Adams on the 1850 Brecknock, Lancaster County, PA census.? They are listed as "Adam" on the 1850 census.

In 1860 Richard Adams, Anna, Elmina, Richard, John, Susana, and Eliza are listed?in the same town,?Brecknock, Lancaster County, PA.

Linda Monticelli