ADAMS-L Archives

Archiver > ADAMS > 2006-08 > 1156395775

From: "Alli" <>
Subject: Re: [ADAMS] McCall-Adams
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:02:55 -0600

Harry,
I think I got this in private or I'm imagining it LOL
But either way......yep, I have 1 McCall but she's connected to my Abrams
line. I know absolutely nothing about this line other than she was from
Indiana or Illinois, I'd have to look it up.
But one thing I've learned from my lines......especially the Adams & Phariss
lines is that at least the 2nd oldest son was named after the wife's father
or grandfather.
I have a James Adams (actually 2 a father & son) from Tn. My dbl.great
grandma Martha Malinda Adams (1838 Tn.) married Samuel Phariss & their first
son (I think) Was names James Adams Phariss.

So There's a possibility (if you don't know it already) that your Robert
McCall Adams was named after your grandfather's mom's side?

I'll keep my eyes open for a similar name to yours

Alli
The names that my Adams directly connect to are Johnson and Phariss
Martha Malinda Adams (1838 Tn. to 1915 Chelsea, Okla.)married a Samuel
Phariss (1824 Tn. to ?(I forget) Chelsea,Okla.)
their Daughter Martha Jane Adams (1880 Ark. to 1972 Chelsea, Okla.) married
James Jefferson Johnson (1865 Tipton, Moniteau Co., Mo. to 1943 Chelsea,
Okla.)
I have the other children of Martha & Samuel I'll post tomorrow, I don't
have them memorized :)

Alli