ADAMS-L Archives

Archiver > ADAMS > 2005-03 > 1110223538

Subject: Re: ADAMS-D Digest V05 #76
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:25:38 EST

Wyatt, I did an online search for President John Adams genealogy, there are
several there, from the parents of Pres. John and Abigail (Smith) Adams to
their descendants -

Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:56:52 -0500
From: Wyatt <>
Subject: John Quincy Adams, Wilcox Family

Hi Folks!
I wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a fairly
thorough "Descendants of President John Quincy Adams" genealogy --
hopefully one that's on line.

I'm helping my son in law with his genealogy. We were searching some
census records and I came across one of his relatives (John Adams
Wilcox) and I told him it sounded like he had a surname for his middle
name. My son in law answered, "Oh yeah! Were' supposed to be descended
from John Quincy Adams"

My son in law's direct ancestor was EARL WILCOX, born abt. 1891 in
Michigan, md. CORA J. who was born 2 January 1892 in Michigan.

The father of Earl Wilcox was FRANK A. Wilcox, born abt 1853 in Ohio,
md. JANETTE (Janet) C. born abt. 1861 in Ohio.

I thought there might be a chance either Cora or Janette had the surname
Adams and that one of them might be a link to John Quincy Adams. I know
it's a long shot, and I don't have much information yet, but I thought
I'd gave it a try and see if anyone recognized these folks.

Any help would sure be appreciated.
Thank you,
--Wyatt R. Knapp--

This thread: