ADAMCHICK-L Archives

Archiver > ADAMCHICK > 2009-03 > 1237257496

From: ,
Subject: Re: [ADAMCHICK] Adam ADAMCHICK nat papers and census records
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 02:38:16 -0000

Author: ZlaticaBeca
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.adamchick/11.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Dina

Did you locate Adam's arrival manifest? Have you locate children's baptismal records to see if there might be another spelling of a village?
Austria could refer to Hungary. My grandparents put down Austria on their PA state marriage application and they should have Hungary.
ADAMCHICK is English of ADAMCSIK in Hungarian and ADAMC^IK in Slovak.
I have seen on US census where Slovenia was used instead of Slovakia.
Was your ancestor Byzantine Catholic?
In Slovak Republic:
Poliakovce BJ/PV saris.
1773 Polyakocz, Polakowcze, 1786 Polyakocz, Polyakowcze, 1808 Polykcz, Polakowce, 1863-1902 Polyakc, 1907-1913 Tapolylengyel, 1920 Poliakovce, Polkovce, 1927- Poliakovce - old namesADAMC^IK in Slovak Republic's phone book. ADAMC^IC^ in Slovenia - pronounciation is different.
In Poland: Polakowice

Important Note: