ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2010-06 > 1277234641

From: "Gordon McLeod" <>
Subject: Re: [ABERDEEN] Jacobites of 1715 and 1745 of Northeast Scotland
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:24:01 -0600

Sharon, I was interested to read of this book. I have an ancestor John
Scott WILSON, who I am sorry to say was born 28 Sept 1817 in Carlisle in
England and who died about 1873 in Montrose. I think his parents may have
been George WILSON and Margaret SCOTT but don't know for sure. I have often
wondered whether the WILSON or SCOTT families may have been Jacobites. Are
any mentioned in this book?

My own family McLEOD or MacLEOD are all descended from the MacLEODS of Nigg,
Ross & Cromarty and I believe Alexander MacLEOD was in the 71st Highlanders
as a foot soldier - since that is the British army I am not sure whether he
would have been a Jacobite or not. Are any McLeods' of eastern Ross &
Cromarty mentioned in the book?

Gordon McLeod