ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2010-06 > 1277003687

From: Ray Forsberg <>
Subject: Re: [ABERDEEN] MEARNS
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 13:14:47 +1000

Hi Fran,

I have just managed to find the old flask - here is what is stamped on it -

S/43417 L. CPl. P. Mearns, Gordon Hdrs. 1916

I hope this is one of yours. Will try and get a decent photo of it
and send that to you offlist. It is very dark and probably will not
come up too well, but I am loathe to clean it as I am not sure that
this is a good thing to do as it may damage it in some way. It is
after all almost 100 years old!

Cheers,

Carol