ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2009-08 > 1249534502

From: "Bobbie and Brian Amyes" <>
Subject: Re: [ABERDEEN] SMITH family New Pitsligo Aberdeenshire
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 16:55:02 +1200

Hi Gavin
Your reply to Keith suggests that the houses would be of better quality than
he has assumed. As my ancestors were at Slacks of Cairnbanno, New Deer in
1841and 1851 census and there is only one house there now, a two storeyed
one, and piles of out-building like Keith described, are there any photos in
ANESFHS magazines of what cottages might have looked like on farms at that
time. I have seen the family house [1851census] in South Street, Mintlaw but
that is in a village. How would farm cottages have differed?
Cheers
Bobbie here in New Zealand