ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2009-08 > 1249443971

Subject: Re: [ABERDEEN] SMITH family New Pitsligo Aberdeenshire
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 23:46:11 -0400

Gavin,? Yes, the census record is from the Parish of Tyrie.? One of these years I?will get my head around the difference between Parish and Village.? After looking at the record again and comparing the C and G, I am sure you are correct and that it is Garvel Croft.?
John and Margt MCCARTNEY are listed along with John & Ann SMITH and their children as #44 on the Schedule.? Ann DUFFUS is listed under #43 and looks like she is living with the James SIMPSON family and is listed as mother.? I do not have?the SIMPSON?name anywhere in my tree.? However DUFFUS?is the middle name given to both Jane Duffus Smith and Mary Jane Duffus Smith.?
You always give?us something to think about or to investigate further, and I am learning that it is always a good idea to go back and read again the original record because invariably there is something that you have missed.
Thank you Gavin for all your help.
Sincerely,
Jo-Anne Huber
ANESFHS