ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2009-04 > 1241142727

From: "Louise" <>
Subject: Re: [ABERDEEN] ELSPET MORRISON TURIFF,ABERDEENSHIRE
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 11:52:07 +1000

Just to add to the confusion, I saved a list of deaths for the surname
Morrison from SCO People - the year 1855 for Elspet's Death, (mother's name
Robinson & other surname Stuart), which states age 26 at death, which would
mean that her birth was 1829. Considering that her married would have to
have been Noble in 1855, I can only assume that she is from a different
family.
Like many ancestors with the same names, one can get a little confused!

> 2009/4/29 Louise wrote
>
>> Hi Vicki
>>
>> Thanks very much for finding that. I hope they're mine.
>>
>> Original Message From: "Victoria West"
>>
>> > I found an Elspet Morrison on the LDS site. She was born on 30 Aug 1855
>> > in
>> > Turriff,Aberdeen
>> > Her parents are listed as John Morrison and Elspet Stuart.
>
> You then wrote:
>> Just a thought - it might be possible that the 1855 might be 1835, as
>> hand
> written documents could easily be mistaken
>
> Hi Vicki
>
> There is a mismatch with the dates in your original posting and
> Louise's reply. This could be due to your "1830" being based on
> incorrect data or they would have to be different people. Where did
> you get "1830" from?
>
> I have had a look at Scotland's People and searched on "Morrison,
> Elspet, born 1855-1855 in Turriff" and there is one recorded. I
> hvene't actually looked at the hit-list but I would guess that the
> LDS/IGI entry for 1855 is correct.
>
> This means that the source of your "1830" is crucial.
>
> --
> Best wishes
>
> Ray

This thread: