ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2008-06 > 1213365683

From: "Trena" <>
Subject: Re: [ABERDEEN] On-line passenger lists - Ships to Canada 1865-1922
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:01:23 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Adam" Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 8:45 AM
**messaged snipped**

> A short while later they were easily found on the SS Peruvian an Allen
> line
> vessel in July 1873, Liverpool to Halifax Nova Scotia,

My g-grandparents (married Glasgow 1875) left via Liverpool on July 19th
1887 aboard the Peruvian, arriving at Halifax on the 29th.

> and I was soon read
> about their
> arrival and the hotel where they stayed on disembarking the ship.

How would you know that? I don't understand where you would have got that
info. You sort of implied it is from the passenger list, but how on earth
would the passengers have known the name of a hotel in Halifax? Normally on
passenger lists it will give a destination port/place, but personally I've
never seen an actual address given on any of the Canadian passenger listings
in which I've been looking for family. [Latter] USA ones via Ellis Island
yes, but not Canadian ones.

Toni

This thread: