ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2008-03 > 1204818537

Subject: [ABERDEEN] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:48:57 EST

Hi Andy

Andy said
On Scotlandspeople there is a death for a Margaret WILL (other name BURNETT)
aged 81 in 1885 in Peterhead, Aberdeenshire. Married women are usually
indexed under both there maiden &married surnames (if both are on their
death certificate) which makes them easier to find. You would need to obtain
the certificate to confirm it was the correct person but it is the only
match for a WILL/BURNETT in Scotland between 1855 and 1920.

Also, in the 1881 census there is an Alexander WILL and his wife Margaret,
both aged 75, living at 22c Queen St, Peterhead.

Thanks for that Andy, I must be blind, or had done something wrong while
searching as I could not find her, when i did a search, will go back on Scotland's
people later today and try to find her again

Ray said

Have you found Helen's Death Certificate?

Hi Ray, No i have not found her death certificate I have looked at all the
Helen's on Scotland's people, and none of them appear to be her
though I could be mistaken and one of them could be her, as her birth does
not appear to have been registered, and the informants on death certificates did
seems to be notorious for getting the ages of the deceased wrong I may
download a couple later today and see if i can not waste my credits but get a good
hit at least the first couple of times

Kirsteen

Kirsteen

This thread: