ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2008-01 > 1200871404

From: "Pat Carson" <>
Subject: Re: [ABERDEEN] terminalogy
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 23:23:24 -0000

Toni wrote :
<snip>
Just as some in Scotland, Wales and/or England etc become upset when they
are 'lumped together' as being "British"
<snip>

The only time I get particularly upset is when folk want to call me English,
when they actually mean British. The fact that I have significant Irish
ancestry we won't go into here; but I was born in Scotland, of Scots
parents, and that's Scottish enough for me!!

regards
Pat
Researching
ADAMSON, STIRLING, KINNEAR in Forfar & Dundee
KEY, FORD in Coastal Angus & Dundee
NEAVE in Haddington & Forfar
MILLER in Dundee
CONWAY in Ireland, Ayrshire & Dundee