ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2007-03 > 1175122254

From: "Jessie & Tom Lennie" <>
Subject: Re: [ABERDEEN] Gavin Bell, Streetname
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:50:54 -0700

Hi Kristina,
Gavin will probably answer, but in the meantime, Kincardine O"Neil is a
village in Aberdeenshire. Banchory-Ternan, now known as just Banchory is in
Kincardineshire, although after reorganization, Kincardineshire is now part
of Aberdeenshire.
Having been born in Banchory and lived there for my first 20 years, I cannot
get used to saying Banchory, Aberdeenshire.
Banchory is about 16 miles west of Aberdeen, and Kincardine O'Neil is
another 15 miles. They are both on the River Dee.

Tom Lennie