ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2006-02 > 1141154527

From: Barbara Nellesen <>
Subject: Re: [ABERDEEN] "Ag-Lab" vs. Farm Servant?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:22:07 -0500

Hello Hester,

Here are some sites which define older occupations. One definition of
Farm servant is a Farm worker under contracted period to work for a farmer.

http://www.scotroots.com/occupations.htm

This site defines Agricultural Labourer but also includes other "titles"
in this category.

http://www.talkingscot.com/censuses/census-1841.htm

Other sites:

http://www.amlwchdata.co.uk/occupations.htm