ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2006-02 > 1141151428

From: "Janet" <>
Subject: Re: [ABERDEEN] "Ag-Lab" vs. Farm Servant?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:30:28 -0000

The vast majority of my ancestry is in farming, both in Scotland and in those who migrated South to take over their farming! I have to admit I have not seen farm servant. I have been surprised however at how many servants there were at one farm. It seems to me there is an agricultural hierarchy. I have found that a Tenant Farmer, is described as "Farmer", but otherwise, an "Agricultural Labourer". Perhaps someone will confirm.

Janet