ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2006-02 > 1140303465

From: "Janet" <>
Subject: Re: [ABERDEEN] 19th Century Dress
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 22:57:45 -0000

I am probably older than some, but maybe not as old as others on this list.
Isnt it a great pity that we have not found the ability to ask before its too late. For goodness sake, talk to your grand parents rather than not visit them when something else draws your attention.
I cant help but remembering my grandmother's [b 1894] directoires knickers and her "stays". It's really no different today so far as the "stays" are concerned, they are just laced up to emphasise. Fashion repeats itself, it has no where else to go.

Janet