ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2005-11 > 1133185158

From: "Trena" <>
Subject: Re: [ABERDEEN] Re: Naming Traditions in Scotland
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:39:18 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kathy Stevenson" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 7:17 AM
Subject: [ABERDEEN] Re: Naming Traditions in Scotland

My father was different. He
> is Thomas Alexander Stewart Stevenson. I wondered at the significance
> of the two middle names as he is the only one in the Stevenson line that
> has more than one forename. He wasn't able to help me with the "why" of
> his naming. I talked to my auntie just before she passed away,
> Alexander Stewart was the doctor that delivered my father and his older
> brothers and sisters. Just goes to show you that occasionally you get a
> curve ball thrown at you.

Mum's youngest sister was named Dorothy M. W. REIDFORD. No one knew what
the "M. W." stood for, believing the "M" was for their mother, Martha Clark
BROWN. A good thing I remembered to ask her last year, for she passed away
this past summer. I believe she said "May WILLIAMSON" (have it recorded),
who happened to be the mid-wife who delivered her, in 1929 Glasgow. The
eldest sister was named Jessie Anderson REIDFORD. The only Jessie ANDERSON,
so far found within the family, was a paternal 3 x great-grandmother of
their's.

Toni ~ Ontario

This thread: