ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2005-04 > 1112805367

From: "David Thomson" <>
Subject: Computer problems - probably better dealt with offlist
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:36:07 +0100

Hello all my Lists,

My reason for posting is that I have experienced some problems with my PC for some months, which, hopefully, I have now resolved. This post is directed to those who have had the unfortunate experience of -
PC freezes for no apparent reason
PC reboots of its own accord (sometimes with ScanDisk sometimes not)
Video card seems to go AWOL

Bear with me please.

These days where would a genealogist be without his/her computer?

NB
I am not a 'techie', I am not in the computer industry, and I am not looking for any reward except that one day someone might help me with a link in my family tree.

I have seen a number of messages from listers who have had of crashes for whatever reason.

Given my problem, which would cause some kind of crash within about one hour, I have now been running for about 4 hours without hitch. Tempt fate, maybe!!

Just one of the ways I am trying to give back to everyone.

David Thomson
Surrey, England

ANESFHS # 14882
DGFHS # 4140