ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2002-08 > 1030282756

From: "Dawn Cruickshank" <>
Subject: RE: [ABERDEEN] Re: Farms in Ellon
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:39:19 -0300

Hi Don, I am also related to the Mitchells and Mill of Fortree (Fortrie)
sounds familiar, but I can't place it.

This is not my whole tree, but here are the branches that contain
MITCHELLS:

THOMAS MITCHELL CRUICKSHANKBorn 1890, Old Deer, Scotland; married
20 May, 1911, Quarry, Keig; died 22 March, 1962, Salisbury Rd., New
Brunswick, Canada (buried in Havelock, Kings Co., N.B.).

First Wife: MAGGIE JANE EWEN. Born 1886; died 14th, Oct., 1918, age 32,
Cottages, Farmton, Alford. Cause of death: Influenza, 8 days;
bronchitis, 5 days; informant: Charles Anderson - address: Bandley,
Alford - relationship to deceased: grandfather.

Maggie's parents are: CHARLES EWEN, farm servant; born 3rd Feb., 1867,
Overtoun of Fetternear, Chapel of Garioch, Alford, Aberdeenshire;
married 8th, May, 1886, Bandley, Alford, CATHERINE ANDERSON
MITCHELL, domestic servant; born 28th, Feb., 1868, Strone, Alford,
Aberdeenshire.

CATHERINE ANDERSON MITCHELL'S parents are: CHARLES
ANDERSON, born 14th, July, 1846, Towie; died 21st, April, 1921,
Lillybank, Alford; mother of Catherine is ELIZABETH MITCHELL.

Thanks for the information! I do not have the names of Elizabeth's
parents. Does she sound familiar to any one?

Maybe Elizabeth's father was Alexander, who lived at Meikle Mill (?).

Dawn Cruickshank

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada