ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2001-10 > 1004556038

From: "The Browns" <>
Subject: [ABERDEEN] HUTCHEON, Turriff
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:20:38 -0500

Greetings from Stratford, Ontario on a gloomy, drizzly afternoon of Hallowe'en.

I've just obtained from the Alumni Office of the University of Aberdeen (thank you, Don Esselmont!) a copy of the obit. of my great granduncle, Alexander Malcolm WILLIAMS, M.A., who died in 1939 in Glasgow (born Aberdeen 1858).

He was survived by Mrs. Williams, "a daughter of the later Provost HUTCHEON of Turriff", and by one son and three daughters.

Does anyone have a record of a HUTCHEON/WILLIAMS marriage? One of Alex's sisters had a daughter named Kate Hutcheon Lewis, born 1881; perhaps this connects to Alex's wife.

Also, could someone please tell me what a Provost is/was?

Many thanks.

This thread: