Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2000-06 > 0962313206

From: elvin ogg <>
Subject: Multiple Marriages
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:13:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,
Was it common practice at one time to get married in
more than one location? I have found this to be the
case at least 5 times in my different branches of the
family. The current example I just found is in
another branch of the family.

On 25 Dec 1817, at Aberlour, Banff, Alexander Garrow
married Helen Grant.
On 29 Dec 1817, at Boharm, Moray, Alexander Garrow
married Helen Grant.

Was this done because there was family located in both

Surname interests:
Banff: Garrow, Kynnach
Skene: Garrow, Montgomery, Nory/Norie, Ogg/Hogg
Peterculter: Garrow, Malcolm, Ogg
Drumoak: Hogg/Ogg, Gordon
England: Graves, Gray/Grey, Moulton
Down, Ireland: Robinson, Young
Nova Scotia, Canada: Garden
Ontario, Canada: Ogg, Robinson, Garden, Graves,
Germany/Poland: Fanslau, Bucholz/Buchholz
US: Ellis, Milliman, Bratt, All the Above

Thank you,
Elvin Ogg
Sault Ste Marie, MI USA

Do You Yahoo!?