ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2000-05 > 0958951730

From: "Andy and Bonnie Humphrey" <>
Subject: Where is St. Machar?
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 18:28:50 -0500

Hello, everyone. I'm new to this list and have only recently begun seriously researching my lines in Scotland. I have a question and am hoping someone can help me....

Where is St. Machar? My great aunt's birth certificate shows she was born in the district of St. Machar, Aberdeen. Her parent's marriage license shows they were married in the same place. However, I can't find St. Machar on the gazetteer I have. I can find the parishes Old Machar and New Machar, but no district of St. Machar. I'd appreciate any help someone might offer.

Thanks,

Bonnie

This thread: