ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2000-02 > 0951234502

From: "SHEILA JELLEY" <>
Subject: Re: ABERDEEN
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:48:22 -0000

EUREKA!!
Just joined the list.
I have been searching for Barbara Henderson for years!! Margaret Downie
died 24 Dec 1866, at 49 Summer Street, Aberdeen aged 80yrs Parents Magnus
Bridgeford & Barbara Bridgeford, formerly Blacklaws, maiden surname Birse
(both deceased) - Informant BARBARA HENDERSON, daughter present. I had
found aThomas Henderson & Barbara on 1851 census at Summer Street, Aberdeen
and also in 1881 at 65 Chapel Street but could not find who she was as she
was born before Margaret's marriage to James Downie. There are memorials in
the John Knox Churchyard to this Downie family but of course Barbara came in
before this. What does it say on her death certificate about her
parentage?? I will send you copies of what I have on this family and
perhaps we can unravel the mystery.

Sheila Jelley
Searching Bridgeford & Hosie