ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 1999-08 > 0935892876

From: "Ralph or Joyce Franke" <>
Subject: Re: fasti lookups, Aberdeen
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 19:14:36 -0700

Sharlene and all,

To those who do not know what Fasti etc. is, it is a set of volumes,
apparently there are several editions, of the names of the pastors of the
Church of Scotland (Presbyterian). I do not know the years covered, but it
goes way back, I have heard. My ancestor, whom I believe was Alexander
TOUGH, was christened in 1735. His daughter, Janet TOUGH, was christened in
1754. I ordered the volume on Aberdeen having information on family members.
It is not just records of lay people, but only the clergy, as I understand
it. I will know more when I get to the library next week. The book is said
to be very old and fragile. I am not sure that they will allow me to
photocopy anything, I may have to just hand write what I find. So if you had
ancestors who were pastors in the Aberdeen area, they may be in this volume.
I do not expect others, although, of course, one never knows.

Hope this helps for understanding what it is.

Joyce

Proud Sponsor Plus of RootsWeb

This thread: