ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 1999-07 > 0931333932

From: Bonnie Curry <>
Subject: Re: Hay and McDonald from Rhynie and Strathdon
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 17:52:12 +1000

Hi there Ken,

>Nancy is a common form of Frances

Good thinking Batman! :-)) Armed with this I checked out the
census again and came up with this...I know it is for Leslie but
he will get it this way, anyhow. Lets hope it is his lady.

Dwelling:45 St Peter St
Census Place:Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
Source:FHL Film 0203464 GRO Ref Volume 232-1 EnumDist 9 Page 13
MarrAgeSexBirthplace
David MAC DONALDM44 MAirlie, Forfar, Scotland
Rel:Head
Occ:School Master
Francis Farquhar MAC DONALDM46 FStonehaven, Kincardine, Scotland
Rel:Wife
Francis Susan MAC DONALDU18 FStonehaven,Kincardine, Scotland
**********************
Rel:Daur
Occ:Pupil Teacher
George Hunter MAC DONALDU16 MStonehaven, Kincardine, Scotland
Rel:Son
Occ:Apprentice Cabinet Maker
John Charles MAC DONALD 14 MStonehaven, Kincardine, Scotland
Rel:Son
Occ:Scholar
Jeanie Wishart MAC DONALD 13 FPeterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
Rel:Daur
Occ:Scholar
David Mitchell MAC DONALD 11 MPeterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
Rel:Son
Occ:Scholar
Norman Leslie MAC DONALD 9 MPeterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
Rel:Son
Occ:Scholar
Mary Francis MAC DONALD 8 FPeterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
Rel:Daur
Occ:Scholar
Annie Martin MAC DONALD 7 FPeterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
Rel:Daur
Occ:Scholar
Eliza Flora MAC DONALD 4 F
Rel:Daur
William Meorns MAC DONALD 2 MPeterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
Rel:Son
Margaret CHEYNEU16 FMintlaw, Aberdeen, Scotland
Rel:Serv
Occ:Domestic Serv

Lets hope that they followed the Scots name pattern!!

Regards from sunny Queensland, Australia.

This thread: