ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 1998-11 > 0911579491

From: Ronald Bisset <>
Subject: Index to Farms and Wee Villages
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:31:31 -0500

Alan Mitchell

Your response has convinced me of the wonders of the Internet. How else
would I be able to sit in my home in Canada trying to locate the
birthplace of several of my ancestors in Scotland and be able to
converse with a telephone linesman who has worked in the area and is
able to describe the precise location of the road turning to Bandodle.
Your directions will certainly enable me to locate the spots on my next
trip to Scotland, Thank you very much for taking the time to pass on
this information,

The original query - I had found through the Scottish Genealogical
Society that my grandfather and his father and grandfather had all lived
at Bandodle and West Bandodle. During a recent trip to Scotland,,
however, I wasn't able to find these locations. My original question had
been to inquire if anyone knew where they were?

Are Bandodle and West Bandodle the names of farms or are they wee
villages?

Ron Bisset
Aurora, Ontario, Canada.

This thread: