ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 1998-11 > 0911418827

From: Ronald Bisset <>
Subject: Index to Farms and Wee Villages
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 14:53:47 -0500

Gordon Woodside
Alistair Cameron
Jim Mann Taylor

Thank you all for the information on Bandodle. The genealogical data I
have indicates that Bandodle is in Midmar, so this is the correct farm.

While I was visiting the area earlier this year, the helpful owner of a
petrol station in Kincardine O'Neill pointed me in the general direction
you have all described and I drove along B9119 but I couldn't find the
property. I believe that my problem was that I was driving in the wrong
direction along B9119.

I don't like to bother you further, but I would like to pinpoint the
exact location. Unfortunately the only map I have here is a Bartholomew
road map although it is quite detailed. As I look along B9119 in the
area you have described, there is a village, Tornaveen, a village,
Drumlasie, the intersection with B993 and what appears to be a farm,
Auchorrie. Could yo tell me where on this continuum Bandodle/West
Bandodle is located. Does it abut or appear to have access to B9119?

Regards

Ronald Bisset
Aurora, Ontario, Canada.

This thread: