3RD-ARKANSAS-CAVALRY-L Archives

Archiver > 3RD-ARKANSAS-CAVALRY > 2008-10 > 1225209872

From: Mary Fraley <>
Subject: [3RD-ARKANSAS-CAVALRY] 3rd AR Cav, Co. I
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:04:32 -0700 (PDT)

I am very interested in hearing anything on the 3rd AR Cav., Co. I.  My gggrandfather, Harry May, was a member of this group.  He never returned from the war.   I am hoping to someday be able to figure out what happened to him through histories gathered on other members of this same group.
The last information that I was able to find on Harry May was when he was promoted last, and that was in the summer of 1864.  I understand that the unit history ended about that same time.  Is that correct?

Thanks,
Mary Jo

This thread: